Music Director Of Why Dis Kolaveri - "Anirudh Ravichander"

He has his own lyrical lingo and an unswerving focus on 'Think Big'. He has his devices to chart his own destiny and he does not lean on his celeb relatives. He refuses to bite the sensational byte bullet. Considering all that, there is not even a speck of the 'Kolaveri Kid' in this rock star.

He is a cool guy who tends to follow his own instinct. He may pepper his words with giggles but his talk is matter-of-fact. Anirudh Ravichander has clearly blossomed since Kolaveri became a worldwide hit.

"Life has changed drastically. Overnight I am recognised, thousands of emails pour in and the ordinary man on the street even in Mumbai comes up and talks to me."

Eloquent yet measured, he offers, "My elders have always told me to stay grounded and every time I am proud or fascinated, I think of all the people who've helped me get where I am and the blessings of everyone else.


It immediately instills responsibility and the urge to work harder in me." So, no indulgences or snazzy gifts for his success? "Nothing really. I've been too busy finishing the film's album," he admits.

While tweelebs have been singing his praises and an entire generation of aspiring filmmakers is trying to cash in on the Kolaveri mantra by pushing their music in that direction, Anirudh says, "I enjoy the compliments and the trend it has set. But the most touching email was from a 70-year-old man from Scotland who wrote to me."

"He said 'I don't know what it means or what you intended to convey. I am old and lonely and this tune certainly puts a smile on my face.' It was very touching to read that email," he says with a smile.

Speaking warmly of his cousin Aishwarya and Dhanush whom he calls 'Sir', Anirudh, says, "We were very close but this working together has made us gel better. We are totally in sync in terms of music."

Is the director madam a hard taskmaster? "Not at all. She is such fun to work with. The studio was a laugh riot."

A few weeks ago, Kolaveri was just a lyric. Now it's the nation's unofficial anthem.

His thoughts? "It was just a word for me, but now it's that one word that gave me success, recognition and a new lease of confidence."

Copyright 2009 Way 2 Gossips All rights reserved Designed by Eazy Home Page